Schmidt telescope of the Centro Astronómico Hispano en Andalucía (CAHA Schmidt)
The Schmidt telescope of the Centro Astronómico Hispano en Andalucía (CAHA Schmidt) was first installed in 1955 at the Hamburg Observatory in Germany, and subsequently moved to the Calar Alto observatory in 1980. It has recently been refurbished and equipped with a new camera sponsored by ESA, converting it into a dedicated NEO observation facility.
CAHA Schmidt Specs
|Default passband||IR-cutting Schott KG3 clear glass|
|Typical PSF FWHM||~3”|
|Sensor||2k×2k e2v CCD|
|Pixel scale (unbinned)||1.29”|
|Download time||~6 s|